Clawlicious – it rhymes with delicious, but what is it really all about?
Clawlicious is the cruelty free, ethical range of luxury nail products developed and designed by us – the Owner / Directors of Glamour Nail Bar – Chrissie Parry, Jani Schaper and Dane Schaper.
We opened Glamour Nail Bar in Cockburn Central, Perth Western Australia in 2014 after the realisation that other nail bars did not offer what we sought – excellent client service, the cleanest products, strict hygiene practices, ethical working conditions and the very best nail technicians from around the world; and within three years, due to overwhelming client demand, we opened a second salon in Subiaco, Perth.
In the process of opening our salons, we committed ourselves to using only quality products, unlike many other places that continue to stock cheap imitations and unlabelled products that are often detrimental to both your nails and personal health. So, that was it. The realisation and the desire to offer the very best at all times to clients, and for our technicians to work with the very best products – we began to develop them!
It’s a long and complex process, working with laboratories around the world, demanding the best, sifting through their ingredients, checking authenticity and their ethical standards; as we are also passionate about our products being cruelty free.
Cruelty free, and toxin free.
Our range of nail polish – our Clawlicious Luxury Lacquer is Cruelty Free and 10 Free, which means it is free of the ten toxins found in most polishes. So what are these toxins and why should we worry about them?
- Formaldehyde may cause cancer of the throat, nose, and blood; asthma, convulsions, nausea, and miscarriages.
- Formaldehyde Resin is a skin allergen known to cause dermatitis.
- Dibutyl phthalate (DBP) can cause organ and liver damage, and may even begin early-onset menopause.
- Toluene fumes are highly toxic and can cause decreased brain function, impaired breathing, hearing loss, and nausea.
- Camphor can trigger severe skin irritation and allergic reactions, cause nausea, dizziness, and headaches; as well as more severe problems such as liver dysfunction.
- Xylene causes headaches, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, heart arrythmia, and respiratory problems.
- Parabens cause many allergic reactions, contact dermatitis, skin inflammation, rashes, blisters and skin burning sensations. They have also been linked to premature ageing, infertility and breast cancer in women.
- Fragrances or perfumes are used in nail polishes to disguise the smell of the other ingredients, and some have been found to irritate skin conditions such as dryness, brittle nails, dermatitis, allergies, and even cause respiratory distress.
- Phthalates mimic the hormone estrogen in your body and can damage the hormonal development of male fetuses, and decrease fertility,
- Animal ingredients such as boiled and crushed beetles, fish scales, and animal fat. Yuk.
All these toxins can seep into our skin, into our mouths when we use our fingers to eat, and into the mouth and bloodstream of our children when we feed them, they have their little nails painted, and even into the system of our babies if they put our fingers in their mouth.
Why would you risk your health and that of your children?
Clawlicious … it is kind of delicious … and clean, ethical, kind and safe.
Available in store and soon to be available online.
Thankyou and love for photos from @glamournailbar @clawlicious_ @clawlicious.com @havanameandthesea @lovedbyemily @flufferbooandbear @christinaparry_glamournailbar @jani_schaper_glamournailbar @daneschaper